To truly enjoy paintball, you need to have the right equipment with you. One of the most important pieces of equipment you can have in terms of paintball is your paintball gun or marker, which is why it is important that you have one that is reliable and durable at the same time. One of the most popular paintball gun these days is the Milsig M17, and we will take a quick look at it, to determine if it is worth the noise people have been making about it.
Since being released in 2014, the Milsig M17 has been one of the top selling paintball guns on the market. One of the reasons that it is so popular is the fact that it is very reliable, versatile, and easy to maintain. In addition, it can also fire in full automatic mode, without batteries. The M17 also uses First Strike rounds, and can be customized in a variety of ways, which allows you to use it in almost any environment, by users of varying skill levels.
The M17 comes in three different models, which are listed below.
- The M17 CQC: This is the least expensive version of the M17, it is great for players that already have accessories, because this version doesn’t come with many. This gun is designed for close quarter combat, so it is the lightest of the three versions. The CQC has a bigger recoil than the other two versions, because most of the weight is located at the rear of the gun, due to the air tank, which sits there. You can prevent the gun from jumping around on you when firing, by adding more weight to the front, by using a metal handguard.
- The M17 XDC is the mid range marker, unlike the CQC, it is constructed with metal, instead of polymer, which makes it durable. Due to the weight, you will barely notice the recoil on this marker, but since it’s made with metal, it is quite heavy and not as easy to move around with. It comes with a rifled barrel, a metal handguard, iron sights, and a metal magazine.
- The M17 DMR, is the cream of the crop, and the gun best suited for an experienced marksman. This marker comes with just about everything you would expect it to, and it is one of the best sniper rifles in paintball.
- They are all fully automatic.
- They are very accurate.
- They are high quality paintball guns.
- They don’t require batteries.
- They are reasonably priced.
- The stock barrel doesn’t shoot regular paintballs well.
It took Milsig three years to complete the manufacturing process of these paintball markers, and to be honest, it was worth the wait. These markers are exactly what tactical paintballers have been asking for, and they delivered three quality markers that fulfill any paintball needs.
If you are an experienced paintball fan, and are looking for high quality markers at reasonable prices, these three markers were designed to give you an edge in any situation you find yourself.